Main Menu

New 2016 games...

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 01, 2016, 12:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MikeGER

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 02, 2016, 07:09:45 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on January 02, 2016, 04:43:15 AM
i am missing a page called "Wargaming" in that list

.... theres no pink tanks

Yeah, those 'Wargames' (RTS) were tanks chasing each other in a dogfight and typical engagements on the map are so close that they are almost do fencing with their barrels  ::)

Grim.Reaper

I have to say at the moment, nothing completely blows me away where I am greatly waiting for a certain game to be released....there are some that interests me, but nothing that will make me go nuts in waiting for them (i.e. Hearts of Iron, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Xcom2, Warhammer, etc.).  Maybe I am just in a funk with games entirely, still amazed through all the holiday sales I only picked up one $5 game and that was it.  Maybe 2016 will save me a lot of money:)

IronX

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 02, 2016, 09:24:20 AM
there are some that interests me, but nothing that will make me go nuts in waiting for them (i.e. Hearts of Iron, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Xcom2, Warhammer, etc.).

Perhaps it's because there is little that's actually really new? So many of these games are iterations of titles that we've played before. It's not that they're bad; just nothing to blow wind up your skirt.

sandman2575

2016 is all about Paradox for me. Hearts of Iron IV is my most anticipated release in years, and I'm excited about how Stellaris is shaping up. The only thing that could top this off would be an announcement that work has begun on Victoria III...

OJsDad

+1 to your post Sandman.  I think there is real hope for V3 announcement by end of 2016 or first half of 2017.  Timing depends on when they get HOI4 out and stabilized.  I also think the fact that a new patch, perhaps more than one, is coming out also gives hope for a new V3. 

If they do V3, it needs something though.  EU series has a long time frame and HOI series has a lot of depth.  Not sure what, but needs something a little more. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Toonces

I'm pretty excited about the many medieval-themed games on the horizon, including Mount and Blade 2.  That's a definite day 1 buy.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 02, 2016, 12:17:39 PM
2016 is all about Paradox for me. Hearts of Iron IV is my most anticipated release in years, and I'm excited about how Stellaris is shaping up. The only thing that could top this off would be an announcement that work has begun on Victoria III...

Agreed.  I fully intend to sink countless hours into both games, and Victoria 3 would be awesome as I haven't played any game in that series yet.

Gusington

Kingdom Come: Deliverance looks great. I think it was SoM who first posted about here a few years ago.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 02, 2016, 02:23:57 PM
Kingdom Come: Deliverance looks great. I think it was SoM who first posted about here a few years ago.


I am in the alpha access program....its promising but still a lot to add.

tgb

I'm most looking forward to That which Sleeps (although it's looking less likely by the day), XCOM 2, and the final build of Offworld Trading Company.  I'm in a couple of closed betas for Slitherine titles, both of which look very good.  One is almost done, and the other needs more time in the oven but is showing potential.

Oh, and I'm hoping that the PC version of Twilight Struggle a)actually makes it out and b)has a single-player game that isn't a complete POS.

Martok

Currently, my top three anticipated releases for 2016 are (in order) Stellaris, Warhammer Total War, and Oriental Empires.  This if, of course, assuming they all come out this year (of those three, Warhammer is the only one with a more-or-less firm release date). 

Other strategy titles I'm looking forward to include Lord of Rigel, Polaris Sector, M.O.R.E. (if it ever escapes development purgatory), Imperia 5X, and perhaps Civilization VI if it does end up getting announced later this year (as has been rumored for some time now).  I know there's also Endless Space 2 and the Master of Orion reboot due out later this year, but I just can't work up much excitement for them; I'm kinda hoping they'll be sleeper hits for me. 

As for non-strategy titles, I've long had my eye on Kingdom Come: Deliverance, progress has resumed on Limit Theory, and I'd forgotten (til now -- thanks Toonces!) that Mount & Blade 2 was in the works. 




Quote from: Anguille on January 01, 2016, 02:23:31 PM
Strange that they forgot Polaris Sector.
It seems like titles under the Matrix/Slitherine umbrella often get overlooked.  :-\ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

Quote from: tgb on January 02, 2016, 03:26:24 PM
I'm most looking forward to That which Sleeps (although it's looking less likely by the day)

I'm really hoping the devs are just in crunch mode and deliberately staying out of sight until they can suddenly announce an advanced beta out of the blue.  The game looks way too good to fail now!

Quote from: Martok on January 02, 2016, 05:00:49 PM
progress has resumed on Limit Theory

What's the latest with this one - anyone know?  Last I heard was Josh getting over some mental health issues and picking up development again but that was...last spring?

Gusington

Martok you've read up on Civ VI? Got any links?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Shit I'd better play some more Civ 5

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on January 02, 2016, 05:42:34 PM
Martok you've read up on Civ VI? Got any links?
So far it's a rumour... ;)