Main Menu

New 2016 games...

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 01, 2016, 12:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

I have it on good authority that the only thing that slows me down is talking during my turn.  And if I'm breathing, I'm talking.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 02, 2016, 05:15:55 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 02, 2016, 05:00:49 PM
progress has resumed on Limit Theory

What's the latest with this one - anyone know?  Last I heard was Josh getting over some mental health issues and picking up development again but that was...last spring?
Going by this post, Josh resumed active work on the game back in July. 

Since then, it sounds like he's been steadily plugging away at development -- and in a healthier/more consistent manner than he was prior to his breakdown.  He's keeping his proverbial cards a lot closer to his vest now, not posting as much as he used to, but that's probably just as well.  Before his breakdown, I suspect Josh spent too much time in the forums anyway.  :P 




Quote from: RedArgo on January 03, 2016, 10:59:23 AM
Martok's list looks good, so I'm adopting it for myself.
Great minds, and all that...  8) 



Quote from: RedArgo on January 03, 2016, 10:59:23 AM
As far as the stack of doom vs one unit per hex.  I was never a big fan of the stack of doom, but it is easier for the AI to handle.  The AI cannot effectively manage the one unit per hex, so I feel like even if heavily outgunned I can still win against the AI. 
I've long read this regarding 4 versus 5, and it's one reason I've played the former more than the latter.  (Another is that I actually like 4's visuals more, believe it or not.)  Unless a sequel boasts features/mechanics that I really, *really* like, I generally prefer the iteration that has better AI, all else being equal. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

sandman2575

If you're getting psyched up for XCOM 2 next month, RPS's glowing preview will make you very happy indeed --

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/07/xcom-2-preview-2/

undercovergeek


bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

been watching lets plays all week, reading what i can, id be wearing a hydra warrior suit if i could

Gusington

I am disappointed you don't already wear that suit just because 'it's Thursday'
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Haven't quite got the tongue flicking sorted yet

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

If your looking for a cheap place for pre order of Xcom 2....cdkeys has for $30...pretty good deal...just the standard version though, but since that is $59 at most other places, pretty much half price.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/xcom-2-pc-cd-key-steam

Grim.Reaper

I wasn't planning to buy Xcom 2 right away, but after reading the previews and the good price at cdkeys, I caved:)


Gusington

^This game...this game here...I will not be able to not get it right away. Looks absolutely unbelievable and has the lineage to back it up. Fingers-crossed.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek


Gusington

I am in love with it. I must posess it fully.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd