Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 24, 2016, 08:35:48 AM
So sad.

BUT - I figured, by the time the price comes down, I would've had that money back in fun anyway...

O0   

i got it also at highnoon :-[  O:-)  :idiot2:

...that is the caveat of me watching to many and to long stunning Lets play videos
Lets Plays are  better then a short preview vid from the genric sources, but it generates an urge that may be to strong to resist.  ^-^       

bob48

Aw Mike, I was counting on you holding out. How can I last now that you've given in?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

They just put out a Hotfix for the start-up issues. 

May have to also restart Steam to get it.

MikeGER

Quote from: bob48 on May 24, 2016, 09:58:44 AM
Aw Mike, I was counting on you holding out. How can I last now that you've given in?

well, i successfully skipped Rome II and Attila 

...and my latest excuse: my eyesight (left) decreased lately and i want to play the games as long as i can read all the tiny tiny small print in those UIs of games. (in opposite to windows or web-browsers, there is no 'set to 125%'-option for most wargaming Uis) 

bob48

Yeah, eyesight can be an issue. I have 'floaters' in one eye which are very intrusive at times :(
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Fetrik

I am a couple of hours into my vamps campaign and no issues encountered yet (currently tabbed out from a battle). Well, i did get a blackscreen when first starting the game which i thought was due to updating gfx drivers this morning and no reboot.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 24, 2016, 08:35:48 AM
So sad.

BUT - I figured, by the time the price comes down, I would've had that money back in fun anyway...and Stellaris was grinding me down a bit...and HoI IV isn't out for another 2 weeks

That is too funny:)  I expected you to at least hold out a day or so.

JudgeDredd

Well, in my mind I held out for over a month as it's been available for pre-order. At least I bought when it became available  :-[
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 24, 2016, 05:48:32 PM
Well, in my mind I held out for over a month as it's been available for pre-order. At least I bought when it became available  :-[

I guess that is a different way of looking at it:)  Nowadays, if I know I will likely buy on or near release day, I figure might as well take advantage of any pre-order sales to at least help reduce the price....I don't even try and resisting anymore:)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on May 24, 2016, 10:00:04 AM
They just put out a Hotfix for the start-up issues. 

May have to also restart Steam to get it.

Got it and seemed to correct my issue...now it loads just as fast as being offline....time to dive back in.

Gusington

I, unlike JD the Fairy, am still unsullied.

Me and Bawb.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Having run a Greenskin campaign for 5 hours now, I'm beginning to think this thing is free of major bugs.

It's like the Shogun 2 release thus far.


I've had two short freezes, when transitioning between different campaign screens, but it never lasted more than a handful of seconds and ran fine afterward.

I have a habit of restarting a game I've been playing more than two or three hour straight, so I can't say if such things get worse if you leave it running for a marathon session.



Me 'n muh Boyz ez haffin sum fun!   Although I think most of my neighboring enemies are getting upgraded troops before me.  Each faction plays differently, including their economy, so I'll blame it on the adjustment period.


Jarhead0331

I figured I would start with the Empire since they seem to play the most traditionally. I will concede, however, that each of the factions holds a great deal of interest in their own right and I look forward to trying them out. I've always been so fixated on 40K, that I never spent much attention to fantasy. That has to change...I have years of catching up to do in terms of lore and fluff.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Those catapult-launched Suicide Goblins are hilarious.   ;D

Gusington

Who's playing as the Vampire Counts?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd