So better stay away from Steel Beasts dongles

Started by RyanE, December 06, 2016, 10:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

RyanE

Thanks, I had assumed that because no black sedan showed up at 3AM looking for me, it was good.  Its more for finding out what other people think my options were.  I am genuinely curious if they are someone that just likes to come into a thread and drop a grenade or actually contributing to the community and discussion in some way.  I am not arrogant enough to think I have seen all possible options.

mirth

Dude, I think any of us would have done exactly what you did by posting about it here. I certainly would have.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

RyanE

So, I guess that's it.  I just got an email from Ssnake that I now have a four month license for SB.  Prior to that, my last comms with esims was the email I posted above.  I guess negotiations are over.

They are going to wait four months and if my dongle gets turned on (hee, hee), they'll kill it.  Not sure what the outcome is about that.  I would think the likelihood of the dongle showing up randomly is almost immeasurable.

The short of it is, the decision is just pushed down the road four months.  Eventually, out quite a bit of game money no matter how you slice it.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

imo voicing your issues here are absolutely justified and not only justified, but you owe it to other gamers to give your experiences - as we all do.

People can make their own mind up as to whether they let it affect their choices or not - all you can do - or any of us - is give our experiences.

What I would hope - with anyone doing such a thing - is they give a reasonable and honest account of the issues being raised. I should point out you have not gave me any reason to doubt your account.

No better place imo.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bison

It seems like a reasonable compromise to me.  If the /sigh/ dongle is never active during that timeframe, are they providing you a new one /double sigh/?


mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Don_prince

I agree with all of you, only one thing... Wait for some time, before that discuss in private circles... What happened is that the discussion between you and esims was brought here... First leave it a month, now and then contact, get help from people around you but dont go public, especialy when the final word between you and esims hadn't been said. After some time and no solution or a solution to your wish, it is your duty to inform everyone about the outcome.

Just minimise damage to all parties... Thats how I would do it, but I must say if I get very pissed probably I cant keep to it aswell...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat


Freyland

Quote from: Don_prince on December 09, 2016, 12:51:00 PM
I agree with all of you, only one thing... Wait for some time, before that discuss in private circles... What happened is that the discussion between you and esims was brought here... First leave it a month, now and then contact, get help from people around you but dont go public, especialy when the final word between you and esims hadn't been said. After some time and no solution or a solution to your wish, it is your duty to inform everyone about the outcome.

Just minimise damage to all parties... Thats how I would do it, but I must say if I get very pissed probably I cant keep to it aswell...

Disagree, since RyanE's understanding was that negotiations were over at the beginning of this post.  Why put it off a month to discuss? 

RyanE

Exactly.  There was no negotiations or even flexibility.  I was told pretty straight forwardly my options were to rebuy the game.  So sit around a monyh for what?  We had already had three rounds of emails.  I got nothing from them until they were taken to task in public.  Waiting around a month would just allowed esims a month to hope it all gets swept under the rug.  I am at a real loss as to what the month would have garnered for.  I am 99.999% sure esims wasn't going to budge.  Even with the beating they have taken here, they really haven't conceded anything, just pushed any closure four months down the road.

What I find strange is that my feeling is esims wants us to give them the benefit of the doubt that we don't see all the machinations in the background of their DRM solutions.  But when they are asked to give one of their customers (a proven customer who has bought just about everything they have put out on the gamer side) the benefit of the doubt, suddenly there this unassailable rule about having forensic evidence of the missing dongle.  It is a typical two-faced approach to customer service and PR.  If esims wants to be cut some slack on the forum of public opinion, let them pony up some proof like they asked of me.  Show me dongle receipts, labor costs, etc.