Main Menu

Far Cry 5

Started by Tpek, May 27, 2017, 03:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

What JD failed to mention above is when he moved to England in 1983 it was to become the bassist for The Clash. He's humble.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 28, 2018, 06:30:23 AM
Yes

Ugh!  I haven't installed it yet after buying a new computer. :(

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on March 28, 2018, 07:44:04 AM
What JD failed to mention above is when he moved to England in 1983 it was to become the bassist for The Clash. He's humble.
oooh. If only I were to be so cool  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

In our eyes you are. Keep up the myth - don't ruin it!!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

How is the wildlife so far? In a lot of the videos it looks very over the top. It would be annoying if you're constantly attacked by lions and tigers and bears...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

...and eagles and badgers... (which in this game should be more at home than in, for example, not-Bhutan).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 28, 2018, 09:39:53 AM
How is the wildlife so far? In a lot of the videos it looks very over the top. It would be annoying if you're constantly attacked by lions and tigers and bears...
I had went a considerable distance and time in game without meeting any ferocious animals...but then I was on the tiny island for most of my playtime.

When I got to a major part, I saw a badger, but I was on my quad, then I was attacked by a cougar, a civilian was attacked by a cougar and my dog was attacked by another cougar - all in the same location...that struck me as OTT.

I was attacked by bears, but that's when I went hunting them for a mission.

I'm going to take a punt on my limited playtime and say it showed signs of possibly being OTT. I'd say what was more annoying was the number of bad guys driving around.

I'm playing on normal difficulty.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JasonPratt

Hm, yeah I don't recall the dangerous fauna being quite that over the top (except for eagles perhaps) in FC3 or 4; but I do recall similar problems in RED DEAD REDEMPTION, a game from different publishers with a different engine of course.

I recall one 'night' I was trotting along on my horse out in the desert, not galloping because I was feeling reflective and just wanted to scenery-gaze for a few minutes, and I eventually noticed this weird little animal which seemed to be rubber-banding behind my horse. I thought, "huh, that's odd, what's that? a fox? doesn't quite look like a fox--" when WHAM YOWL! Dead horse.

It was a cougar, the first one I had seen since I started the game hours and hours ago. I had forgotten they were even in the game.

After getting over my shock I shot that thing, then skinned it (and my horse, might as well). In the middle of this, WHAM YOWL! -- another cougar.

After disposing of that one (by knife this time, couldn't get the gun out quickly enough), I thought, "...wait, a pack of cougars? That doesn't seem right..." WHAM, YOWL! -- another cougar.

I quickly got spooked from stopping to skin any more cougars, and ran for what I hoped was the closest boundary of their spawn zone (according to the in-game map which roughly delineated such things). Ran out of ammo, and was down to using my knife, leaving a string of dead cougar bodies behind me. I couldn't even whistle a new horse up without having a new cougar spawn in and jump me (killing the horse along the way).

After that, I was verrrrrrrrrrry leery about riding at less than a full gallop anywhere on the map where cougars might be; and even leerier about stopping to skin any predators I shot from horseback -- also I was much leerier about traveling anywhere on foot. Wolves were the worst because, like coyotes, they spawned in packs, and unlike coyotes they were large enough to do serious damage quickly even from one bite.

I have to think there was either a patch that got tweaked too far, or else a piece of spawn code that had recently triggered for making the game harder as I improved and unlocked some abilities, because I hadn't had that problem until then.


A swarm of yowling, spawning cougars trying to jump me. {shudder} Nightmarish.



...



.........


NO THAT WAS NOT MEANT AS A EUPHAMISM!  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

I've decided to go ahead and do a Steam refund. While I don't hate the game, the limited amount of ammo you can carry out of the gate is killing it for me. The story isn't anything to write home about either. I think last years Ghost Recon was a better game.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Arctic Blast

Weirdly, the most aggressive animal in the game seem to be...turkeys. Seriously. They just come screaming towards you like some sort of feathered hellion. It's rather hilarious.

I've been attacked by a bear, but to be fair I was shooting him at the time. I've witnessed a few civvies get taken down by cougars. Hell, I sort of 'herded' one into a cult sanctuary as a distraction, which is something I enjoyed doing in the previous games as well.

Another discovery of a difficulty escalation from previous games : disarming one alarm in a base no long disarms all of them. You need to shut ALL OF THEM off this time around. And dudes with flamethrowers have an annoying habit of hanging out near them.

Also, I keep forgetting to spend my damn Perks points.  ;D

jomni

I'm glad there are no animals in GR.

Apocalypse 31

#117
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 28, 2018, 09:39:53 AM
How is the wildlife so far? In a lot of the videos it looks very over the top. It would be annoying if you're constantly attacked by lions and tigers and bears...

I think everything is over the top - and has gotten a lot worse since FC4.

You can't walk 100m without encountering enemy fighters or some wildlife attack.

It feels like it was a design feature to keep players busy - also, enemy respawns everywhere.



Quote from: Kushan on March 28, 2018, 09:42:07 PMI think last years Ghost Recon was a better game.

I have my own gripes with GR, but I agree here. I dont see myself replaying FC5

Jarhead0331

As silly as it sounds, that stupid little sling thing attached to the front end of every damn rifle is really irritating me. What is that stupid thing supposed to be? It looks like its part of a single-point sling attachment, but it shouldn't be attached to the front point. Annoying.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Well - I had (several times) written a reply in here - each time I deleted it.

I'm glad I did - because I'm actually having fun with it now.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people