Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Do it yourself independent analysis.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 18, 2023, 12:41:50 PM
Quote from: Groggy on October 18, 2023, 11:32:57 AMSpeaking of sleeper cells, lets not forget the deadliest terrorist attack in US history until 9/11 was committed by a white supremacist domestic terrorist. There are plenty of next generation Timothy McVeighs residing in this country. It could happen again.

Don't worry. Fortunately, the FBI and every other federal agency in the country is devoting the vast majority of their resources to saving the world from the grave threat of white conservative males. Thank God for that.  :notworthy:

I'm sure you're being intentionally obtuse, but there's a pretty big difference between "white conservative males" and the domestic terrorists Groggy alluded to - which absolutely exist and just as much a threat to our society as foreign terrorists crossing our borders.

Just off hand, any time certain Twitter personalities tweet about grade schools daring to teach kids that gay and trans people exist, said schools receive bomb threats.  That's not conservatism, that's domestic terrorism.

EDIT - Adding to this that it's not specifically a right-wing domestic terror thing.  Leftist terrorists who threaten Christians, for example, are also just as much a threat as the latter two mentioned categories.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on October 18, 2023, 01:15:56 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 18, 2023, 12:41:50 PM
Quote from: Groggy on October 18, 2023, 11:32:57 AMSpeaking of sleeper cells, lets not forget the deadliest terrorist attack in US history until 9/11 was committed by a white supremacist domestic terrorist. There are plenty of next generation Timothy McVeighs residing in this country. It could happen again.

Don't worry. Fortunately, the FBI and every other federal agency in the country is devoting the vast majority of their resources to saving the world from the grave threat of white conservative males. Thank God for that.  :notworthy:

I'm sure you're being intentionally obtuse, but there's a pretty big difference between "white conservative males" and the domestic terrorists Groggy alluded to - which absolutely exist and just as much a threat to our society as foreign terrorists crossing our borders.

Just off hand, any time certain Twitter personalities tweet about grade schools daring to teach kids that gay and trans people exist, said schools receive bomb threats.  That's not conservatism, that's domestic terrorism.

EDIT - Adding to this that it's not specifically a right-wing domestic terror thing.  Leftist terrorists who threaten Christians, for example, are also just as much a threat as the latter two mentioned categories.

Listen, Groggy took an opportunity to try to draw another false equivalency, like many in the media are doing to distract from the evil that is Hamas. Unfortunately, I fell for the bait. Let's stay focused on the actual and credible threats which are related to the ones that triggered the regional war that we're discussing in this thread, shall we?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

With all the proof and logic in the world showing that rocket hitting the Gaza hospital was in fact a Hamas rocket...it still won't matter.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

This is Hamas. The world must see so they cannot deny. That so many are in the streets around the world supporting this literally breaks my heart. I cannot wrap my mind around it.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 18, 2023, 10:56:12 AMIt only took 9 to pull-off 9/11. All were in country illegally as I recall. That's why I worry about Sleeper Cells.

unsurprisingly you're once again completely wrong.  they all had passports and visas.  4 of them were going to flight school.  two of them were even living with an FBI informant.  I keep telling you to read more but you seem allergic to facts and accurate information.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 18, 2023, 03:15:28 PMThis is Hamas. The world must see so they cannot deny. That so many are in the streets around the world supporting this literally breaks my heart. I cannot wrap my mind around it.

that's probably the most shocking footage I've ever seen. I hope every single one of those animals die a horrible dearth.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 18, 2023, 03:30:40 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 18, 2023, 10:56:12 AMIt only took 9 to pull-off 9/11. All were in country illegally as I recall. That's why I worry about Sleeper Cells.

unsurprisingly you're once again completely wrong.  they all had passports and visas.  4 of them were going to flight school.  two of them were even living with an FBI informant.  I keep telling you to read more but you seem allergic to facts and accurate information.

...and you're also wrong. Perhaps you should take your own advice and read more?

Four of the hijackers passports survived in whole or in part. Two of the passports were clearly doctored and were manipulated in a fraudulent way. Fifteen of the hijackers passports did not survive. So firm factual statements cannot be made about them. Beginning in 1997, the 19 hijackers submitted 24 visa applications, 23 of which were granted. However, none were issued in the US and all of the applications were incomplete and/or contained demonstrably fraudulent information. All of the visas were tourist visas. none of them were changed to student visas. This is relevant for the student pilots who violated federal law by not applying for the change. 

The director of the FBI testified that considered collectively, the 9/11 hijackers:

1. included among them known al Qaeda operatives who could have been watchlisted
2. presented passports "manipulated in a fraudulent manner"
3. Presented passports with "suspicious indicators" of extremism
4. Made detectable false statements on their visa applications
5. Were pulled out of the travel stream and given greater scrutiny by border officials
6. Made false statements to border officials to gain entry to the US
7. Violated immigration laws while inside the US.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 18, 2023, 03:52:40 PM..and you're also wrong. Perhaps you should take your own advice and read more?

fair enough
was this what you pulled up?

https://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/staff_statements/staff_statement_1.pdf

my point still stands that they had visas and were let in the country and didn't get here by crossing the Rio Grande.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 18, 2023, 04:23:55 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 18, 2023, 03:52:40 PM..and you're also wrong. Perhaps you should take your own advice and read more?

fair enough
was this what you pulled up?

https://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/staff_statements/staff_statement_1.pdf

my point still stands that they had visas and were let in the country and didn't get here by crossing the Rio Grande.

One of a few sources I reviewed to get the full picture.

Bottom line for me is that there is no black and white in these things. There are no simple or basic answers. Its always complicated. Certainly true that they didn't cross the border, but when they came here, the border situation was entirely different, so your point, is both inconsequential and irrelevant.

The only simple thing for me is that Hamas is evil and it is so stunning to me that a mixture of academia and the media have managed to brainwash a substantial portion of nearly an entire generation into not seeing this simple unassailable truth.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

this is supposedly the impact crater of the explosion that killed 500 people....

al_infierno

^ Clearly those were 500 clowns packed into those burned out cars.  The Palestinian comedy community may never recover...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 18, 2023, 04:29:33 PMso your point, is both inconsequential and irrelevant.

just responding to Slash about immigration in a thread about Israel because thats where someone drove the conversation...  :whistle: