Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Flywheel

I went back in as soon as I saw it rebooted and it was still impossibly slow for me, and the same again yesterday. So I'm just waiting to hear when any of you guys say there's an improvement. In fact I might need to start over again because I had to reinstall Windows and I seem to have lost my profiles.
Hold my beer and watch this!

ArizonaTank

I was on today, no slowing for me.... 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

I was just on and it was very sluggish to the point of not being playable. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on August 13, 2016, 09:53:19 PM
I was just on and it was very sluggish to the point of not being playable.

I will not be able to do this evening, but tomorrow morning, I can reduce the number of zombies and animals the server tracks, that might help speed it up.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

not sure whats going on but dont think lowering the zombies will help. Last couple of times i tried there were no zombies/animals in sight, as soon as i get on the FPS steadily drops until its under 10 and unplayable. Worth a try i guess, post when you get to it and i'll log on and try. Thanks  AT.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

OK, I changed the parameter below.  See if that makes a difference.  It was at 70

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies"                                    value="50"/>    <!-- Making this number too large (more than about 80) may cause servers to run at poor framerates which will effect lag and play quality for clients. -->

I have restarted, and played a bit.  I did not notice any major issues.  Every once in a while framrates dropped a bit, but nothing serious.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

No luck AT same routine. I started and just stood still and my FPS starts at about 60 and it slowly drops to 3FPS and then it flashes back to the 50's and immediately goes back to 3fps.I tried twice and stood still in base both times, i even lowered my game video options from my usual. No idea whats up, it just started recently.

Flywheel

I went in around 20 minutes ago and likewise, my frame-rate started OK for a few seconds and then dropped way down as well, it did that a few times and then remained as slow as turning pages in a book.

ArizonaTank

hmmm...a little radical, but I could reinstall the server.  I am not certain if the world data is saved or not....so might accidently destroy our good work...but I am willing to try if you guys want to....

Also, I wonder how far away we are before the next major update...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

From what i read alpha 15 is approx going to be out by months end, but that could change. When it does drop i'm not sure we play random, seems like some of the new stuff wont be in random i.e. traders, some POI's not sure about this yet, we'll have to decide later. As far as reinstalling the server, well can't really play now anyway so its fine with me. Is there any tech support for their servers? Its weird that it happened all of a sudden, I dont remembering it happening after an update...did it? hasnt been one in awhile.

Flywheel

Don't reinstall the server and risk losing all the hard work the guys have put in. Anyway, I am in-game at the moment and it seems to have stabilised itself, so lets see how it goes for now. as for Alpha 15, there's all sorts of speculation going on, the suggested ETA is between now and late October - in other words no one knows and the dev's aren't commenting.

Flywheel

Went back to the game after my previous post to find the lag had started again.

-budd-

tried it again a few minutes ago, same routine after about a minute it steadily drops until it bottoms out.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on August 23, 2016, 07:44:19 PM
tried it again a few minutes ago, same routine after about a minute it steadily drops until it bottoms out.

Sorry guys, was on a business trip.  So unless someone has any hard objection, I'll try to reinstall the server tomorrow...at the risk of losing our game....but I will try to keep it.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"