The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

^ Dude, no offense, but we read that shit.  What's the stuff that's not in there?  That's what we're talking about.

WTF does "campaign" mean in this context?  A man needs context!  Don't make me start throwing out boob examples.   :knuppel2:   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Lord Zimoa

It is exactly like the original game, campaigns are a set of SKIRMISH SCENARIOS and they are NOT SCRIPTED and they can be played from both sides the Axes or Allies.

So you can play them over and over again as the AI will react on your decisions and you should vice versa.

The one we concentrated on for this first game is the Battle of Britain.

BTW we will release more skirmish campaign and more aircraft later in the form of DLC and expansion, and yes some we will offer for FREE.

We will more or less follow the original CY6! scenario books.

Look here so you understand better what is coming:

http://www.skirmishcampaigns.com/cy6/


Cheers,

Tim aka LZ



Silent Disapproval Robot


MikeGER

Are the advanced rules for formations, weather, surface attacks, spotting, anti-aircraft fire and aircrew survival in the game?

Cyrano

Live MP?

And I can't build a simple squadron-in-squadron one-off?

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Lord Zimoa

QuoteAre the advanced rules for formations, weather, surface attacks, spotting, anti-aircraft fire and aircrew survival in the game?

Yes!

To be clear the game is for mouse and keyboard, we are looking into how we can minimize or ideas totally get rid of any joystick-mouse interference.


Zulu1966

Oh my. Now that does look good. Not sure of the scale though from the map. I presume the ground map is purely representative and for show. I mean one aircraft per hex so the ground is not at scale...

Still looks fantastic.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Lord Zimoa

QuoteI presume the ground map is purely representative and for show. I mean one aircraft per hex so the ground is not at scale...

Correct.  O0

Cyrano

Killing me here.

"It is exactly like the original game..."

Except for that bit where the original game is a TTG that allows one to take the little toy planes and stats and either use them with the campaigns as they come or in a scenario of your own design.  The campaign books are great in the TTG for the research and inspiration they represent, but not having a scenario generator -- even a random one -- is clearly to place the money that can be gained from DLC ahead of the quality of the initial product released.

Soon all our games will come in pieces...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

^gotta agree. The lack of a scenario/quick battle generator is a disappointment. Not a necessarily a deal breaker, but a disappointment.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Cyrano on January 30, 2018, 04:30:42 PM
Killing me here.

"It is exactly like the original game..."

Except for that bit where the original game is a TTG that allows one to take the little toy planes and stats and either use them with the campaigns as they come or in a scenario of your own design.  The campaign books are great in the TTG for the research and inspiration they represent, but not having a scenario generator -- even a random one -- is clearly to place the money that can be gained from DLC ahead of the quality of the initial product released.

Soon all our games will come in pieces...

Yeah. I think the developers here could give players the scenario/battle editor with the initial release, which is clearly a very sought after feature, while also still being able to benefit from income generated by future DLCs, which could expand the core game with OOBs, new aircraft, new theaters, etc. I would definitely pay for those...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Father Ted

So this is this the sort of game I really would have been interested in before technology gave us combat flightsims.  I mean, now we can actually do all that stuff "for real" without worrying about cards or die rolls, so why not plug in a joystick and play CloD if you want to experience air combat in 1940?

Barthheart

Quote from: Father Ted on January 30, 2018, 06:18:40 PM
So this is this the sort of game I really would have been interested in before technology gave us combat flightsims.  I mean, now we can actually do all that stuff "for real" without worrying about cards or die rolls, so why not plug in a joystick and play CloD if you want to experience air combat in 1940?

Because my reflexes make sims not fun to play, I don't have the equipment to play sims (proper joystick, track IR etc), and I prefer turn based games now.

Staggerwing

What about dragon riders, alien saucers, and Cthulu? How long till that DLC drops?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on January 30, 2018, 06:36:41 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on January 30, 2018, 06:18:40 PM
So this is this the sort of game I really would have been interested in before technology gave us combat flightsims.  I mean, now we can actually do all that stuff "for real" without worrying about cards or die rolls, so why not plug in a joystick and play CloD if you want to experience air combat in 1940?

Because my reflexes make sims not fun to play, I don't have the equipment to play sims (proper joystick, track IR etc), and I prefer turn based games now.

Do what I do, be a bomber pilot! ;-)