Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

I hope for Offa's sake they named the town that because it was big not small. Though the Diplomacy is pretty lame, I like deciding who to make offers to and who to tell to go pound sand. What's the point of being a King if you don't get to make the decisions? Also concerned about the Battle AI being mediocre.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ian C

Quote from: Hofstadter on May 03, 2018, 06:34:47 AM
I just captured a town called Offa's Dic and I cant stop giggling

Annd it's pronounced 'Dyke'.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

That just makes it sound like im putting a hit out on Ellen DeGeneres
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2018, 06:02:42 AM
This is the first Total War game I have very little interest in playing. Also the first one I have not bought straight out of the gate. It looks exactly like Atilla to me, which is perhaps my least liked of the series.

Why didn't you like Attila? I don't really get into the warhammer but all the rest are Instabuys. This will be too. I'm surprised you don't have an interest in Saxon England. Not sure WHY I'm surprised but I am
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on May 03, 2018, 10:45:52 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2018, 06:02:42 AM
This is the first Total War game I have very little interest in playing. Also the first one I have not bought straight out of the gate. It looks exactly like Atilla to me, which is perhaps my least liked of the series.

Why didn't you like Attila? I don't really get into the warhammer but all the rest are Instabuys. This will be too. I'm surprised you don't have an interest in Saxon England. Not sure WHY I'm surprised but I am

The units just don't really interest me. Vikings are cool, but we've been there and done that. I much prefer the discipline and organization of the Roman era or the pageantry and power of the late Medieval period. A general lack of interest in the period and units combined with what I found to be an extremely difficult campaign is what kept me from enjoying Attila. I could never just get a good game going. It was always a constant struggle. I rarely felt as if I was making sustainable progress.   
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


IronX

The whole Total War franchise has become very ho-hum for me. I stopped buying into it after the first Warhammer. If they made Medieval III, however, I might be tempted, but they really need to introduce some new jaw-dropping features to really hook me.

Gusington

^You and your fancy wig hurt me.

Just loaded my copy up!

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IronX

Ha! It's all natural.

So what happened to playing all your other campaigns first, young man?

Gusington

Still going to do that once Field of Glory 2 has released me from its Iron Grip. The new TW game feels like a game for me to play in the autumn. Which is only a few months away, mind you.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IronX

That Field of Glory monkey can be a hard one to shake.

Autumn, is coming you say? Heresy!

mikeck

Jarhead, completely agree about the diciplined units and such. Like I said before, the problem with the TW fames between 400-1300 is that, except for the Byzantines- no one had standing armies like those portrayed in TW. I would love a new MTW3 but the late age..1400-1500. I wish they would delve into the 1500-1700 era as well.
So many interesting techs and units
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

#238
So we hear about loin moistening before release. And now we get these groaning after release.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18