Confessions of a Groghead

Started by Bison, September 06, 2012, 07:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oche

Quote from: jomni on September 06, 2012, 08:36:21 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 07:39:17 AM
I have never played a Panzer General or Panzer Corps game.

That's ok. Grogs don't play kiddie games.

Nailed it.  ;D.

jomni

My confession:  I may have attention deficiency disorder when it comes to gaming.
I start several games / campaigns but never see them through.

Anguille

I didn't:

- play the campaign of Homeworld 1 & 2
- finished Starcraft
- finished Panzer General
- played more than a few turns of Master of Magic
- played more than a few turns of the AGEOD campaigns is own (4-5 games)
- play Diablo
- finished Pharao nor any city-builders of Impression Games after Caesar III
- played the long campaign in Rome Total War
- finish any ANNO game (i own the first 3).

:o

Ashcloud

Quote from: LongBlade on September 06, 2012, 08:37:40 AM
Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 07:39:17 AM
I have never played a Panzer General or Panzer Corps game.

It's been so long - if I did play it I don't think I liked it too well. Or maybe I liked it but just didn't care that much. I'm sure I must have played it, but that memory has long faded if I did. Once I played Steel Panthers nothing else shined so bright.

"Light" wargames really aren't. I do think you can have too heavy a wargame, but almost all light wargames lose my attention span. There are some that are great - Shrapnel's War Plan Pacific comes to mind. But in general light equates to a realism fail in my book.

John Tiller Campaign Series far outshines the Steel Panther series, light enough to play quickly, deep enough to play for years and master.

I play PBEM games at theblitz.org and still get bitch slapped 2 games out of 3 after over a year of pretty constant play - got about 12 games going at all times.  It seems that I suck at the game I most love to play.

Huw the Poo

MarkShot, thanks for my biggest laughs of the day so far! :D

Steve, I'm right with you.  Half the time, when a strategy game is recommended to me and it looks like arse, I just won't investigate it at all, no matter how good it's said to be.  We're fortunate enough these days to have a range of titles to choose from, not all of which have crap graphics, so I'll just stick with the shiny ones.

Oche

MarkShot

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 07, 2012, 08:27:16 AM
MarkShot, thanks for my biggest laughs of the day so far! :D

I was being serious!

Bison

Oh Mark my man you are being too hard on yourself. 

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on September 07, 2012, 03:28:04 AM
My confession:  I may have attention deficiency disorder when it comes to gaming.

I think that's pretty common, actually.

;)

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on September 07, 2012, 11:27:41 AM
Quote from: jomni on September 07, 2012, 03:28:04 AM

I think that's pretty common, actually.

;)

Not me!  I stick with a game for a good hour or two before I switch.  I figure the more things I have left to do the longer I'll have to live to finish them.  It's a survival strategy.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on September 06, 2012, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 09:45:09 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 06, 2012, 09:27:10 AM
By the way...I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Confessions of a Groghead"

Done.

As much as I hate to say it, I wonder if we need to create an entry on Urban Dictionary to explain what a groghead is?

oh the mind has fertile ground for that one - think beerfoam
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Huw the Poo

Bison

I once skipped going to school so I could dig up worms and dissect them with a butter knife.

Kushan

Quote from: Bison on September 07, 2012, 12:37:00 PM
I once skipped going to school so I could dig up worms and dissect them with a butter knife.

That's a bit disturbing Bison. Do they taste like chicken?

I don't like WW2, ACW, and Napoleon strategy games. I think these 3 eras have been played to death. I'd like to see something like War of the Roses or the 100 Years War or even more Roman/Ancient Greece games.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

Quote from: Kushan on September 07, 2012, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 07, 2012, 12:37:00 PM

That's a bit disturbing Bison. Do they taste like chicken?

I don't like WW2, ACW, and Napoleon strategy games. I think these 3 eras have been played to death. I'd like to see something like War of the Roses or the 100 Years War or even more Roman/Ancient Greece games.

Sure but I was naive and thought that they would grow back into individual worms.  I wanted more worms for fishing.  So there you have it.