If not Friday, then when?!

Started by MetalDog, May 31, 2013, 05:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

I have most of the same games on deck as last weekend, with a couple additions/removals. 

I'll be playing the following games for sure: 

Distant Worlds: Shadows
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Shogun 2 Total War
Birth of the Federation
(Balance of Power mod)

I'd like to get back into these as well: 

Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion (XL Mod)
Imperialism II
Neverwinter Nights
Armada 2526 Supernova
Lords of the Realm 2

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AM
I have been really wanting to concentrate on a few games to become really good and knowledgeable about them.   I really skip around too much.

I started back on X-Com since I lost the last campaign... I play it in short bursts.

Started learning Dominions 3 so will try to look at it.

The usual line-up

CK II

Probably mostly CKII here.  Maybe some boardgaming with Nothing Gained but Glory.  There's a battle one of the Kleists wrote a play about -- with Derflinger and the Great Elector stomping around in big boots and big hats and big gloves as they hang on against the Swedes.
Distant Worlds
FE Legendary Heroes
Vic II
FM or OOTP

I am hoping to also uninstall only those I wish to play on a regular basis.  Would like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I did the typing typing typing thing and nothing happened happened happened.

Okay.  So.  CKII mostly and maybe some of the boardgame nothing gained but glory.

Bison

Grid 2 and F1 2012 for sure.  I might finally try some rally racing with Dirt 3.   

Kushan

Going to have to put in some OT at work tomorrow. Going to split the rest of my time between:

Distant Worlds: Shadows
Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes
Wargame - AirLand Battle
AJE

I also need to do the tutorials for Victoria 2 and Kerbal Space Program.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

I may put some time into Skyward Collapse.  I wasn't knocked out by the demo, but a lot of people seem to like it, and for $5 why not?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 08:11:35 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AMWould like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I'm trying to get in on that too but I need my registration at sim hq approving

I'll PM adlabs regarding your registration but even if you're not registered you should still be able to jump in and play. 

I wish I could join in this weekend but I'll be at work.  Lame.

Sir Slash

Being that I spent all my money on Gustav Line, that's what I'll be doing this weekend.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2013, 09:52:38 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AMWould like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I'll PM adlabs regarding your registration but even if you're not registered you should still be able to jump in and play. 

ah youre a good man Bison, its not true what they say about you

vyshka

Distant Worlds has its hooks into me now, so definitely that. I will probably also play some CKII and hopefully Wargame: Airland Battle which was the only game on my list last weekend that I didn't spend any time with.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 11:57:21 AM

PE

No problem, but don't call me Shirley. 

Tuna

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2013, 12:13:46 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 11:57:21 AM

PE

No problem, but don't call me Shirley.

hmm it's been awhile for me too on there.. hopefully no 'to do' list stuff tomorrow, and I'll be able to join as well..

Wolfe1759

Mainly going to be board gaming for me this weekend (and BBQing) other than that although I picked up both Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and Distant Worlds: Shadows I've found myself playing more of March of the Eagles which I picked up in a sale last weekend than anything else. Yes it has had a fair bit of criticism thrown at it on the Paradox forums, mainly for not being more like EU or CKII, but as a lightish wargame I've been finding it to be quite a bit of fun.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Tuna

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on May 31, 2013, 12:31:00 PM
Mainly going to be board gaming for me this weekend (and BBQing) other than that although I picked up both Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and Distant Worlds: Shadows I've found myself playing more of March of the Eagles which I picked up in a sale last weekend than anything else. Yes it has had a fair bit of criticism thrown at it on the Paradox forums, mainly for not being more like EU or CKII, but as a lightish wargame I've been finding it to be quite a bit of fun.

If you find it fun, that's all that really matters!

mikeck

I will be trying to bring my fledgling and bankrupt empire back from the brink in Distant Worlds. I started pre warp but 3 of the other 7 cigs did not...and they have been busy little bees while I was schlepping around in my system.

May fire up X3:AP since I'm in the space mood
Probably also some Scourge of War
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Huw the Poo

Oh, the usual...

Dominions 3
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Fantastic Endless Space game I got goin' on with Geek

...and lastly, thanks to the fantastically attractive and unnecessarily well-hung Undercovergeek, I'll also be playing Heroes of Annihilated Empires! \o/