Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Had to come out. I'm too annoyed trying to get the controller configured.

Maybe I've just been spoiled with configuring controllers for other games - but this stinks of having been made with a "console" controller. Configure Pitch and it comes up with "Left Stick (Vertical)"

I can't seem to configure my trigger to weapons and my second button to missiles either. It's just a real pita.

I need to have a look online to see if I can find out how to do this.  >:(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

mikeck

Hmm, I don't agree. I think the lighting has a lot to do with it. Graphics look better in darker systems. In a system with a bright yellow planet for instance, the inside of the ship looks cartoony. I find the graphics in rebirth to be better. Especially weapon effects and the stations! Oh my, the stations are beautiful.

Some people will read the usual negative comments on various forums and use it to justify their decision not to buy it...fine. But like Jarhead, I find forum complainers come out in force for every AAA title. Check out reviews from people you know on this forum or others.

Hell, there are people over at steam screaming because of game play decisions like having only one ship. Basically, "it's not how they wanted it"

I had the same issue with Rome 2. Over at Steam and TW center, it was the worst game of all time. People still complain about how horrible the game is...yet they still play it????

Rebirth will have bugs, sure. But it is a HUGE game and very pretty. If you don't want it, don't buy it, but don't justify that decision based on a bunch of whiney 14 year old IT kids
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

erm.....I'm not. I bought the game!  ::)

I'm genuinely having issues setting up my controller. I'm no regurgitating anything I've heard or read...in fact apart from this forum I haven't been around to read anything on this.

IMO - the graphics are not a "crisp" as AP or even TC...but it's just my opinion. I don't know what it is - it could be the lighting...I have no idea...but they seem to be to be more "blurred".

And I'm glad you have got your weapons to fire. I can't seem to configure my stick so the trigger fire the damn things.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

PanzersEast

First docking at station.....  Cool thing is you walk straight off your ship after you dock.... meet a guard and then walked around the station.... a lounge below and a trading area.








Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2013, 03:19:40 PM
erm.....I'm not. I bought the game!  ::)

I'm genuinely having issues setting up my controller. I'm no regurgitating anything I've heard or read...in fact apart from this forum I haven't been around to read anything on this.

IMO - the graphics are not a "crisp" as AP or even TC...but it's just my opinion. I don't know what it is - it could be the lighting...I have no idea...but they seem to be to be more "blurred".

And I'm glad you have got your weapons to fire. I can't seem to configure my stick so the trigger fire the damn things.

Sounds like they went the direction of overzelous post-processing Blur effects, as does so many others.  Sad to hear. 

I believe one reason they do it is to smooth over the jagged edges since running proper anti-aliasing is doubly taxing on unoptimized games and would choke a console's performance so terribly as to be unplayable.  So they blur up their shit instead, and often don't give the option to use only AA to it's full effect.   >:(

Jarhead0331

Judge...I have mouse control in the menus.  However, after trying to tweak my X52pro options I lost it.  I had to exit the game and come back in and I might have even had to unplug the controller. I switched to the xbox gamepad and was having a much better time.

I agree though, I was still having trouble configuring the pad the way I would like it...particularly with respect to roll. I am confident that these types of issues will be corrected.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


republic

Are all the station interiors identical?

JudgeDredd

^ Absolutely. I don't recall an X release without some teething issues. (I've only been on board since Reunion)

I am a bit surprised that they managed to pork controls though. It's worked (my x52) in all other releases without configuration.

Graphics wise - mmm. I'm not sure. There's certainly much more going on and it's certainly pretty - but they aren't as crisp as AP. I know this as I've just downloaded and reinstalled AP. The system(s) in Rebirth are flowing with AI. It might be what Nefaro suggested...kind of a fuzzy look about things - at least at a distance. They did look much better close up.

Anyway...I'll try again with the controller. Otherwise I'm off to watch the footie  ;D

*edit* the ^ was meant for JH's post  :)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: republic on November 15, 2013, 04:10:58 PM
Are all the station interiors identical?
I haven't managed to dock yet so can't say
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

mikeck

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2013, 03:19:40 PM
erm.....I'm not. I bought the game!  ::)

I'm genuinely having issues setting up my controller. I'm no regurgitating anything I've heard or read...in fact apart from this forum I haven't been around to read anything on this.

IMO - the graphics are not a "crisp" as AP or even TC...but it's just my opinion. I don't know what it is - it could be the lighting...I have no idea...but they seem to be to be more "blurred".

And I'm glad you have got your weapons to fire. I can't seem to configure my stick so the trigger fire the damn things.

Lol...not talking about you or anyone in particular!...just asking people to not to make purchasing decisions based on whiners at the steam forms
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

JH

When I load the game, I can see the mouse if I move it - but it keeps disappearing. I unplugged my X52 and plugged it back in and lo and behold, the mouse is now available properly in menu.

I'll see if that's fixed my joystick config woes.

Thx
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mikeck on November 15, 2013, 04:20:04 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2013, 03:19:40 PM
erm.....I'm not. I bought the game!  ::)

I'm genuinely having issues setting up my controller. I'm no regurgitating anything I've heard or read...in fact apart from this forum I haven't been around to read anything on this.

IMO - the graphics are not a "crisp" as AP or even TC...but it's just my opinion. I don't know what it is - it could be the lighting...I have no idea...but they seem to be to be more "blurred".

And I'm glad you have got your weapons to fire. I can't seem to configure my stick so the trigger fire the damn things.

Lol...not talking about you or anyone in particular!...just asking people to not to make purchasing decisions based on whiners at the steam forms
Oh. I apologise. Your post followed my wee whine and I mistook your post for a reply to mine.

Still trying to get the joystick to work :-)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Well...seems I have menu mouse now but NO joystick at all. Before, I had no mouse in menu and could configure some joystick!

Oh dear.

I'm done for the night (and likely the weekend) so any of you peeps want some feedback, you'll have to get it from others...I'm checking out for the weekend...too much sport going on
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

mikeck

When I played I use the keyboard and mouse. I am afraid to even try to use my joystick. May just skip it all and go right for the Xbox controller since that seems to be with the game was designed for.

I think as a picture the graphics were crisper in previous versions. However in this version everything seems to just flow smoother the ships move smoother the lighting I think is better not too sure about the blower. All in all I do like the graphics better in this version
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2013, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 15, 2013, 04:20:04 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2013, 03:19:40 PM
erm.....I'm not. I bought the game!  ::)

I'm genuinely having issues setting up my controller. I'm no regurgitating anything I've heard or read...in fact apart from this forum I haven't been around to read anything on this.

IMO - the graphics are not a "crisp" as AP or even TC...but it's just my opinion. I don't know what it is - it could be the lighting...I have no idea...but they seem to be to be more "blurred".

And I'm glad you have got your weapons to fire. I can't seem to configure my stick so the trigger fire the damn things.

Lol...not talking about you or anyone in particular!...just asking people to not to make purchasing decisions based on whiners at the steam forms
Oh. I apologise. Your post followed my wee whine and I mistook your post for a reply to mine.

Still trying to get the joystick to work :-)

No apology necessary. At this rate if I can't get my joystick working on level of through the whole damn thing to the wall anyway. I refuse to use the mouse to control spaceship and I'm not quite sure about an Xbox controller frankly I never tried it before either way it really shouldn't be this difficult to fly a spaceship out of the Gate with a joystick. I mean come on seriously?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson