Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yskonyn

Be careful to check first wether a ship you want to make a traderun with actually is able to carry the product you want to buy from the station.
If not, then you can get the Tradescreen remain locked in view and the only thing left to do is reload the game. I just had it get stuck.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

republic

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 19, 2013, 04:02:13 PM

SPOILER AHEAD

Dang it...I was afraid of that once I was asked to go where I was asked to go.  :(

Nefaro

Thanks for the answers guys.

I'll pick this up when the Spaceman mode hits me.  Hopefully it'll have more post-release fixes in by that time.  I am looking forward to checking it out just from the reports of the galaxy feeling more alive. 

republic

Played a few more hours tonight.  This is the first X game I've gotten into since the original.  The campaign is a nice primer, but I feel like I'm only snorkeling in the ocean...there's a lot below the surface once I'm ready to go all in.  :)

mikeck

#244
I have to say, I am loving this game. I like just sitting and watching the little ships load my freighter with the items I bought. I like flying through a huge station and watching the bowls pour molten ore into molds, the molds traveling down an assembly line  and then another machine stacking them. Amazing detail!  I like that when I pull up the galaxy/sector map, I turn and face the large glass screen...makes me feel like I am actually I a ship instead of everything just happening on my monitor.

I also dig the drones. I arrived in a sector that had a hostile ship. I stopped and deployed my assassin drone and slowly piloted it up behind the enemy ship. He didn't even know it was there. BLAMMO...couple of shots and his engines started smoking. I called the drone back and watched the good guys blow him up from a distance.

Assuming the economy works as claimed, the detail is unreal. Things dont just exist and aren't just instantly created . Every energy cell (for example) in the game is actually made in a plant as I described above and tracked. If you were to destroy 100 energy cells, there would be 100 less in the economy until one of these plants received a shipment of silicon and actually made the new cells.

This opens up a whole new strategy of warfare. If you want to cripple another corporation, you can actually destroy a base or large shipment of a component he needs. Those components must actually be remade, reloaded and re shipped as opposed to just appearing after a certain time.

There are a few bugs but I have to completely disagree with the crowd complaining about the design decisions. I don't care about having to pilot the same ship...this game is so much more immersive:

X:rebirth:
1. Purchase ore
2. Freighter arrives and docks with ore plant
3. For about 30 minutes of real time, small ships scurry about actually transporting ore from the mining base over to your ship.
4. Ship loaded

X3:
1. Order Ore
2. Ship loaded

The highway system is awesome too. I don't feel like I am just traveling room to room. It finally feels like one big galaxy in which there are shortcuts. I don't care for the "drafting" mini-game so I don't use it. I just enjoy the ride. Walking through stations gets old but most of the trading takes place outside of the stations so unless I need wares, it doesn't matter

Some people just don't like it and I get that. But I think many others (on the egosoft/steam forums) would really enjoy it if they would stop whining, asking for refunds, complaining this isn't x3 redux and taking polls about whether egosoft will go bankrupt, and just play the game for awile.

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

Every thread about a game eventually gets a "oh s*** I like the sound of that" post

Well done Mikeck.... Christmas treat list just got bigger  :D

republic

Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
I have to say, I am loving this game. I like just sitting and watching the little ships load my freighter with the items I bought. I like flying through a huge station and watching the bowls pour molten ore into molds, the molds traveling down an assembly line  and then another machine stacking them. Amazing detail!  I like that when I pull up the galaxy/sector map, I turn and face the large glass screen...makes me feel like I am actually I a ship instead of everything just happening on my monitor.

I also dig the drones. I arrived in a sector that had a hostile ship. I stopped and deployed my assassin drone and slowly piloted it up behind the enemy ship. He didn't even know it was there. BLAMMO...couple of shots and his engines started smoking. I called the drone back and watched the good guys blow him up from a distance.

Assuming the economy works as claimed, the detail is unreal. Things dont just exist and aren't just instantly created . Every energy cell (for example) in the game is actually made in a plant as I described above and tracked. If you were to destroy 100 energy cells, there would be 100 less in the economy until one of these plants received a shipment of silicon and actually made the new cells.

This opens up a whole new strategy of warfare. If you want to cripple another corporation, you can actually destroy a base or large shipment of a component he needs. Those components must actually be remade, reloaded and re shipped as opposed to just appearing after a certain time.

There are a few bugs but I have to completely disagree with the crowd complaining about the design decisions. I don't care about having to pilot the same ship...this game is so much more immersive:

X:rebirth:
1. Purchase ore
2. Freighter arrives and docks with ore plant
3. For about 30 minutes of real time, small ships scurry about actually transporting ore from the mining base over to your ship.
4. Ship loaded

X3:
1. Order Ore
2. Ship loaded

The highway system is awesome too. I don't feel like I am just traveling room to room. It finally feels like one big galaxy in which there are shortcuts. I don't care for the "drafting" mini-game so I don't use it. I just enjoy the ride. Walking through stations gets old but most of the trading takes place outside of the stations so unless I need wares, it doesn't matter

Some people just don't like it and I get that. But I think many others (on the egosoft/steam forums) would really enjoy it if they would stop whining, asking for refunds, complaining this isn't x3 redux and taking polls about whether egosoft will go bankrupt, and just play the game for awile.

I agree 100%

I hope that Egosoft stops listening to the mindless drones in the forums and pays attention to the Steam stats of people actually playing.

Yskonyn

Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM

Every energy cell (for example) in the game is actually made in a plant as I described above and tracked. If you were to destroy 100 energy cells, there would be 100 less in the economy until one of these plants received a shipment of silicon and actually made the new cells.

This has always been the case as far as I know. The difference, though, is that you actually see all kinds of cool animations going on at the stations producing the goods and you can actually see loader ships loading the good on board of freighters.
This does take some time, as you pointed out, instead of it being just a click of the mouse and its all loaded up.
But the economy has always kept track of the units. This is what drove supply and demand in the previous games as well.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mikeck

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 20, 2013, 07:11:14 AM
Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM

Every energy cell (for example) in the game is actually made in a plant as I described above and tracked. If you were to destroy 100 energy cells, there would be 100 less in the economy until one of these plants received a shipment of silicon and actually made the new cells.

This has always been the case as far as I know. The difference, though, is that you actually see all kinds of cool animations going on at the stations producing the goods and you can actually see loader ships loading the good on board of freighters.
This does take some time, as you pointed out, instead of it being just a click of the mouse and its all loaded up.
But the economy has always kept track of the units. This is what drove supply and demand in the previous games as well.

Yes, what I mean is that each cell is "made" now. Silicon is transported, it is then smelted and poured into molds and POW we have an e cell. Previously, the program just POOF decided to create an e cell. Does that make sense?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

republic

I wonder if they could mod the ability to control other ships with the drone control.  I think that would go a long way towards fixing the entire "one ship" issue many people have.

mikeck

I don't see why not. You would just have to change what the drone picture looks like when you're flying it around to make it look like the interior of another ship. The mechanics would be the same it would just look like you're sitting in the cockpit of the ship instead of looking through the eyes of the drone
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

PanzersEast

Much needed mod....

Verbose Traders
http://xrebirth.nexusmods.com/mods/133//?

This mod uses show_notification to allow your traders to inform you of their trading progress via the event window.

Currently shown events:
* Initial trade requests
* Trader moving to trade location
* Wares Receiving to cargo
* Wares Transferring from cargo
* Waiting for Orders
* Successful Finish
* Failing Finish


PE

mikeck

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 20, 2013, 03:02:46 AM
Every thread about a game eventually gets a "oh s*** I like the sound of that" post

Well done Mikeck.... Christmas treat list just got bigger  :D

Just keep to keep in mind there are plenty of people who don't like the game too... Many for good reasons. it does have bugs. Most importantly my description is about my observations and how the economy is supposed to work. whether or not it really does work like that underneath all the layers only time will tell. Seems to me it does but others will tell you it doesn't. Some will say it was originally designed for an Xbox 360 and assemble by five-year-old children working 15 hour days and sweatshops in the Philippines
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MikeGER

WTF... Muslims space games or what?  ::)

Tasteful Yisha Armour: this mod replaces the 'boob window' in Yisha's armour with a more tasteful grey mesh

http://xrebirth.nexusmods.com/mods/55/?

go figure,  it has 600 downloads and is rank number 4 at nexus ?  LOL

whats next a Burka mod  :o

Yskonyn

Lol!

My guess is we will actually see a 'rangeless sticky drone' to control other ships officially or by means of a mod fairly soonish.

If they patch up the empire management UI to become something that's intuïtive to use I will have no doubt the game will become a classic.

An old high profile community contributor called Giskard has put up his views (dont have the link here but its easy to find).
While I do not agree with All his points I do think he is spot on on the view as a whole and what we can expect.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."