I Get To Start A Friday Thread, Yea Me!

Started by KyzBP, November 22, 2013, 05:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

We're looking to get Commands and Colors: Ancients on the table this weekend and maybe a game of Up Front as well.  Also trying to line up a game of Twilight Struggle with a buddy and if I feel like sitting at the computer I'll go through some more of the tutorials for MWiF but more likely I'd fire up Scourge of War: Antietam.  Oh, and need to start a new pbem of CMBB to since we finished our last battle this week.  It's cold and wet here this weekend so a perfect weekend to stay indoors and do plenty of gaming.  I was thinking of taking my son to the Austin Comicon tomorrow but at $50 per ticket for a single dayt, I'll pass up on that.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

PanzersEast

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 22, 2013, 09:25:36 AM
Quote from: Bison on November 22, 2013, 08:59:43 AM
Hang Christmas Lights

its November son!!

It's also somewhat still warm outside.  The lights will NOT be turned on until some point in December.

Kushan

Skyrim: After making several attempts at starting a ranger/hunter over the last month, and having to end them all due to random crashes, I did a fresh re-install of both the game and all my mods. After all the restart I'm not really in the mood to start another ranger, so I'm going to start a battlemage/sorcerer and save the ranger for a later play through.

Command: More PBEM with Baloogan. Just started a massive ~500 unit, alternate history scenario set in the 1950's.

FC: Red Strom: Hopefully, continue my game with PE, assuming Slitherine gets the PBEM system/game patched so he can make his turn. ALso play some more of the SP scenarios. Maybe play a couple as the soviets to help me in my game against PE.

Diablo 3 (360): Been hooked on this all week. Can't wait until the PC version get the new loot system.

At some point I need to spend some time with CK2 (wih the new DLC) and the Arma 3 campaign, but that may have to wait until the long weekend next week. Have some misc modding for Command and Skyrim I need to do as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

W8taminute

Quote from: mikeck on November 22, 2013, 08:51:13 AM
X rebirth
Rome 2
Pandora

What do you think of X rebirth?  The player reviews over at metacritic seem to be all bad.  I've also heard this game is very buggy.  Is any of this true?

I'm going to attempt to 100% Lego Batman 2: DC Superheros.  I've already got 23 of 37 cheevos for this game.  I'm also playing a very interesting mod called Star Wars on Space Empires IV.  I really love Space Empires IV!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

Quote from: Kushan on November 22, 2013, 09:44:34 AM
Diablo 3 (360): Been hooked on this all week. Can't wait until the PC version get the new loot system.

I finished the main story last weekend on my 360.  Great game and very addictive!!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

PanzersEast

X rebirth
Rome 2
Pandora

Pandora looks a little bland to me... how is it?  Not sure if it looks like it needs more content etc... can't really tell as I have waited a long time for a successor to SMAC.....

PE

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on November 22, 2013, 09:36:32 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 22, 2013, 09:25:36 AM
Quote from: Bison on November 22, 2013, 08:59:43 AM
Hang Christmas Lights

its November son!!

It's also somewhat still warm outside.  The lights will NOT be turned on until some point in December.

i knew youd have a plan and wasnt as soulless as the shopping places

Sir Slash

I actually have less time to play on the weekends. But I will make a brave attempt to defeat Potema The Wolf Queen in Skyrim and make the world a safer place to be a Seleucid in Rome 2. But I've been feeling a strategic WW2 itch of late and been looking at NWS's Supremacy At Sea and Matrix's World In Flames. Anybody know,played, love/hate either of these?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Can someone point me in the right direction for that 'true starting location' Civ V mod?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on November 22, 2013, 09:49:47 AM
X rebirth
Rome 2
Pandora

What do you think of X rebirth?  The player reviews over at metacritic seem to be all bad.  I've also heard this game is very buggy.  Is any of this true?

I guess you missed the 19 pages of impressions here...

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=7054.0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

W8taminute

@JH

Thanks for the link.  Yeah as soon as I posted my question I found that thread.  Now to do some groghead research on the game.   ;)

@Barthheart

That map is totally awesome.  Gedemon the creator also has a very well done WW2 scenario.  With the Brave New World DLC on sale this week I might have to get back into CiV again. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd