I Get To Start A Friday Thread, Yea Me!

Started by KyzBP, November 22, 2013, 05:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I think I will be playing my boardgame RAF:Battle of Britain and continuing my AAR on the EAGLE:Prelude to Eagle Day

Apart from that, some X-Rebirth and ARMA III campaign.

Not much else - rugby is on  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

3-gun competition at the range Sunday morning.

Some more Survivor Squad.
Iron Front MP on Saturday
maybe ArmA III and/or CLOD MP on Sunday if I get home early enough.

Toonces

I've got a checkride in the 757 due for my virtual airline so I'll be logging some time with FSX tonight.

Also on the line up is Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam with the Air/Ground War expansion installed. 

Finally, I'm seriously considering breaking out a boardgame.  I know, I say that every weekend, but I really might this time.  Considering Phantom Fury, Downtown, or Elusive Victory.

Honestly, that list is likely too ambitious.  But we'll see.

Oh, and I might fire up Scourge of War: Gettysburg as well.  I've been on a minor Civil War kick lately.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

sandman2575

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 22, 2013, 12:38:50 PM

I picked up Cliffs of Dover on sale at GG for $5 last week, and I have to say, it feels like the best purchase I've made in a long while.  With all the modding Team Fusion has done, what was once a game that seemed hopeless has become pretty damn great.

Of course, I am freaking terrible at it.  With all the intricacies of engine management, I can barely even manage to take off in my 109.  I figure I should probably learn to take off -- and maybe even land -- before I venture online...

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 22, 2013, 12:38:50 PM
3-gun competition at the range Sunday morning.

Some more Survivor Squad.
Iron Front MP on Saturday

Skyrim, CLOD, ARMAIII, Rome II and some boardgames.  Busy!  Busy!

Wolfe1759

Finally got round to buying Europa Universalis IV thanks to yesterdays Humble Bundel sale so a bit of that though I'll probably get distracted by Torchlight II and I'm thinking of firing up Titan's Quest to start a new character with the UnderLord mod.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

mikeck

Quote from: W8taminute on November 22, 2013, 09:49:47 AM
Quote from: mikeck on November 22, 2013, 08:51:13 AM
X rebirth
Rome 2
Pandora

What do you think of X rebirth?  The player reviews over at metacritic seem to be all bad.  I've also heard this game is very buggy.  Is any of this true?

I'm going to attempt to 100% Lego Batman 2: DC Superheros.  I've already got 23 of 37 cheevos for this game.  I'm also playing a very interesting mod called Star Wars on Space Empires IV.  I really love Space Empires IV!

X rebirth....it's complicated. I enjoy it and I find it incredibly immersive. I really like some if the new designs like trading and such. The problem is that it is buggy and the UI is difficult. Those two in combination create situations where when something isn't doing what you want, you are unsure if it's a bug, or you are doing something wrong.

That said, I love the game. It is getting hammered and I got slaughtered over at the wargamer when I tried to explain why I thought it was  a good game. 
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 22, 2013, 09:53:11 AM
Quote from: mikeck on November 22, 2013, 08:51:13 AM
X rebirth
Rome 2
Pandora

Pandora looks a little bland to me... how is it?  Not sure if it looks like it needs more content etc... can't really tell as I have waited a long time for a successor to SMAC.....

PE

Yeah, I kind of got bored of it. It's a good game but it's not particularly unique or revolutionary.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

W8taminute

Thanks for the feedback mikeck.  I will probably get this game at some point based on what you said.  Once the bugs are worked out I'm sure this is going to be a great game.  I like the premise.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

Really would like to try Phantom Leader on the iPad...most feedback says the AI is particularly nasty, although I found threads here where the feedback was positive despite that.

I have Hornet Leader (PC) and the box version of Thunderbolt/Apache Leader, so I'm definitely a fan of these games. I just don't know if people are saying it's nasty because the AI rolls are always awesome and player rolls are always terrible. I can't stand that; I really wanted to like Blood Bowl but it definitely has AI-roll issues.

Greybriar

I will probably play XCOM this weekend. I don't know what else.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 22, 2013, 10:29:54 AM
Quote from: Bison on November 22, 2013, 09:36:32 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 22, 2013, 09:25:36 AM
Quote from: Bison on November 22, 2013, 08:59:43 AM
Hang Christmas Lights

its November son!!

It's also somewhat still warm outside.  The lights will NOT be turned on until some point in December.

i knew youd have a plan and wasnt as soulless as the shopping places

Your like that suntan bed sales man from that one story about Christmas where he steals little Timmy's crutch and then uses it to beat him up for his lunch money and shoes before you are visited by the ghosts of Easter and shown how wicked your shriveled heart is towards other people.

Kushan

Quote from: W8taminute on November 22, 2013, 09:51:30 AM
Quote from: Kushan on November 22, 2013, 09:44:34 AM
Diablo 3 (360): Been hooked on this all week. Can't wait until the PC version get the new loot system.

I finished the main story last weekend on my 360.  Great game and very addictive!!

After 300 or so hours on the PC the story is blah for me, not that I had high expectations anyway for it. What I love about Diablo is being able to just jump in and mindlessly kill demons/undead without some complicated mass effect style story line.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

W8taminute

^Yes!  You hit the nail on the head as far as what makes this game fun.  Mindless killing of beasts with no strings attached to distract you from the mindless killing of beasts.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 22, 2013, 02:29:36 PM
Really would like to try Phantom Leader on the iPad...most feedback says the AI is particularly nasty, although I found threads here where the feedback was positive despite that.

I have Hornet Leader (PC) and the box version of Thunderbolt/Apache Leader, so I'm definitely a fan of these games. I just don't know if people are saying it's nasty because the AI rolls are always awesome and player rolls are always terrible. I can't stand that; I really wanted to like Blood Bowl but it definitely has AI-roll issues.

Get it!

Phantom Leader on the iPad is great!. It's the campaigns that are unforgiving not the dice rolls.... you have to play really hard to win. This game is not a walk in the park. The political interfering that it simulates from this war is very frustrating. All makes for a very Vietnam immersive game.

Get it!