Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

From the last 90 pages I am going to assume I should start simply here, like with hauler missions...yeah?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

I think the bounty missions can either be NPC's or players.
Usually players are noted as Cmdr. 'Whatshisname' while some bounties just mention a name without Cmdr. in front.
I assume the latter are NPC's and the former are players, but I might be wrong. Perhaps its all players.

As for where to find them; the bounty lists the systems the target has been most active in, but its up to you to scout, find and execute him. Not an easy task, but thats why the reward is great if you manage to pull it off.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on December 21, 2014, 01:50:15 PM
From the last 90 pages I am going to assume I should start simply here, like with hauler missions...yeah?

you can do normal trade, just check to see if theres a haulage mission to the same place youre going before you set off

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2014, 12:05:00 PM
It seems it was Reilly Dock that didn't have any Mining Lasers...went to Binet and I can buy one

The problem I have now is what do I get rid of so that I can have a refinery (which I gather I need)...any ideas? All the things I have as internal utilities seem to be required.

how much cargo space do you have?

JudgeDredd

8 slots on the Hauler

I have a mining laser and a refinery now. Just went to a belt and mined. It was slow going. I got bored after collecting 1 ton of silver...but sold it for 4.5k credits...so I'm heading back. 8 tons is 40k credits!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2014, 02:12:16 PM
8 slots on the Hauler

I have a mining laser and a refinery now. Just went to a belt and mined. It was slow going. I got bored after collecting 1 ton of silver...but sold it for 4.5k credits...so I'm heading back. 8 tons is 40k credits!

collect only gold, palladium and platinum

youre looking at 10k, 15k and 18k a ton

thats what i meant about one good haul - one belt will probably net you 1 gold, 3 palladium and rarely 1 platinum, discounting the platinum youre talking about 64000 per cluster, do A, B and C thats 180k, but as you say, until drones and scanners are introduced it can get mind numbing

Gusington

^Can your haul be stolen from you?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

its always my biggest fear - 90 mins of mining, 200k worth of shit on board and yes NPC or player can come out of the sky and blow it all up, or ask for some, all or most

Gusington

So if you're in a hauler...how do you defend?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Is there anyway to know what asteroids are giving off what metals? Or do you have to mine and refine to find out
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 21, 2014, 03:30:00 PM
run like fk
The Hauler is not very fast...and bearing in mind I've given up my shields for a refinery - "sitting duck" is the phrase that comes to mind!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2014, 03:49:52 PM
Is there anyway to know what asteroids are giving off what metals? Or do you have to mine and refine to find out

ive got to admit, you lasted about as long as i did before this cropped up!  ;D

not yet - FD are the first to admit mining is in its infancy, at the minute its very much 'we promised mining, lets put mining stuff in' and its very basic. Its crying out for 3 things - the ability to scan an asteroid first, the ability to mark an asteroid as mined already, and some kind of rock recovery mechanism - in my last epic about elite i mentioned the kids who think its COD - they all want a tractor beam - shoot at asteroid, press tractor beam button, voila done, and really only just under that thin skin is 'jump to asteroid belt, click on 'mine all Palladium' button' and go for a cuppa.

I admit its a ball ache but i wouldnt want tractor beams, the promised drones are a good idea, release these to fetch your rocks but i think theyll be very costly. But there is nothing finer than touching down with pure profit on board and cashing in 180k

good luck

Jarhead0331

For now, I'm content running relatively small delivery missions for 10,000 credits here and there as I get reacquainted with the changes. I haven't played since late beta. Never played in the gama so I am starting from scratch. I do miss my viper.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18