I Get To Start A Friday Thread, Yea Me!

Started by KyzBP, November 22, 2013, 05:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

CLoD is certainly worth a few bucks even before you use any community mods.

My beef is still with the developers and how they left "the community" and moved on to more "profitable" gaming. I won't be buying anything that company is involved in (at least out the door anyway).

For $5 though, it looks freakin amazing and plays not too bad.

As for Christmas (as it was mentioned) I've always (for the last 16 years) put the tree up on the first weekend of December...tree, decorations and a big tub of Quality Street and some Christmas music. Big day for me and the kids. That happens next Sunday...can't wait.

And bah humbug to anyone who doesn't like it  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tuna

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2013, 03:29:16 AM
CLoD is certainly worth a few bucks even before you use any community mods.

My beef is still with the developers and how they left "the community" and moved on to more "profitable" gaming. I won't be buying anything that company is involved in (at least out the door anyway).

For $5 though, it looks freakin amazing and plays not too bad.

As for Christmas (as it was mentioned) I've always (for the last 16 years) put the tree up on the first weekend of December...tree, decorations and a big tub of Quality Street and some Christmas music. Big day for me and the kids. That happens next Sunday...can't wait.

And bah humbug to anyone who doesn't like it  ;D

I hope you meant last week of November!!!

Lot's of house cleaning.. Stepson coming home with GF from NYC for Thanksgiving. Also wife's Birthday is tomorrow, will try and do something today for her (cake and presents)

In whatever breaks, I hope to sneak in some FSX..

SDR if you have any CLoD sessions going on with SIMHQ, let me know..

JudgeDredd

^ Meant to say Tuna - thx for the heads up on the aircraft for FSX - but I'm all tuckered out on computer gaming at the minute
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tuna

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2013, 09:11:20 AM
^ Meant to say Tuna - thx for the heads up on the aircraft for FSX - but I'm all tuckered out on computer gaming at the minute

I'm loving the Twin Otter, cause it's not that simple to fly.. But once you learn it, you can take pride in flying it well.. lol.. last night tried the 'Fuel Planner'.. and it failed me.. ran out of gas as I was just about do my approach.. Oh Well.. since I"m in a SIM, I can say "Live and Learn"

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

vyshka

#65
Got my key for Planetary Annihilation from my kickstarter backing this week, so I will probably try to spend some time playing that. Also FC: Red Storm is definitely in need of more playing. I went to look at the humble bundle site after the mention of EU:IV being on sale there upthread, and ended up with Pinball FX2 instead (everything they had for $6), so probably that as well. Seriously considering EU:IV sale on Steam at 50%, but wondering if it will hit a better price during the upcoming sale. I have so many games that need to be played as it is. I would like to spend some time with Diablo 3 on the ps3 at some point, and I need to try the latest Grim Dawn and Path of Exile. Most likely when the weekend is done, I will have ended up playing chess and none of the above games. I need therapy :)

E: Oh, and BF4.

Gusington

^Post Grim Dawn impressions!! AFAIK no one else here has taken the plunge.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Ended up playing my Sith Assassin in SWTOR into the wee hours of the night.  I love me some double bladed lightsabers!

Anguille

Looks like i am going to play...nothing...

I've been on a meeeh mood for a few months. Usually i don't have time to play and when i do, i am either too tired or not in the mood...

Toonces

I got in a quick drunken flight in FSX last night- Honolulu to Kahului in the MD-80.  I also played quite a bit of Skyrim- what an amazing game. 

I think I'm going to scrub all my other alternatives and stick with FSX, Skyrim and maybe some CK2.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2013, 12:07:46 PM
^Post Grim Dawn impressions!! AFAIK no one else here has taken the plunge.

I don't think the content is even 1/4 finished right now, so I've not been in a big hurry.  :-\

Apocalypse 31

Insurgency received a surprise patch, so I will continue to scratch the FPS itch that the game is leaving; Coop only, of course. Just a well done tactical shooter.

Also enjoying some of the update features in Space Engineers that I've neglected over the past few weeks. Those guys are making great headway, and I'm looking forward to new content.

vyshka

Quote from: Nefaro on November 23, 2013, 10:47:21 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2013, 12:07:46 PM
^Post Grim Dawn impressions!! AFAIK no one else here has taken the plunge.

I don't think the content is even 1/4 finished right now, so I've not been in a big hurry.  :-\

I think only act 1 is complete at this point

Rekim

It's monday morning, and my weekend has just begun. Woohoo!

Just saw the wife off to work, massive tankard of coffee in hand, I'm sitting down to play some Command. I'm going have a go at the 'Hunter-Killers' scenario. This one has some cool background; December '62, immediately following an armed intervention in Cuba by the US, I am charged with clearing a path across the Atlantic for a convoy of troop transports being rushed to the European theater to help stop the Red Army's strike westwards.

bayonetbrant

I played a bunch of a Civ V BNW campaign as the Americans while watching a lot of bad football (lookin' at you NC State) and decent hockey (go 'Canes!) in the background.

Also got stuck at the vet for 2 hours on Saturday just waiting for some routine shots for the cat, but an emergency came in (dog lost fight with some sort of yard equipment in weird accident) and we ended up circling the runway in the waiting room for a while, so that meant a *lot* of Androminion on the phone.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers