Consolidated Heroes of Stalingrad thread

Started by Barthheart, January 21, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Not to bang my drum - but I did an AAR...I don't know if it was detailed enough for what you're looking for or whether you're specifically looking for a video
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

^ lol - so did I. "Take a sip of water"...I always wondered how that was going to get them fired up!  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

Quote from: SgtRock on March 05, 2014, 04:47:38 PM
Sorry but the videos don't cut it, you need videos where some one explains what the heck is going on?

This game needs a demo!!!

Sorry to disappoint... Find yer own stuff then.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

SgtRock

Can't believe there are Scifi elements in this game, it's like the Panzerklankers in Silent Storm all over again! I was enjoying Silent Storm then ran into the missions with Mechs, never played it again. Any WWII game with Scifi elements just kills it for me. I can't take any WWII game serious that includes Mechs , optional or not:(  What's next, Nazi Zombies from Mars expansion pack?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3556197
"I designed 'em. They are as awesome as they are optional, a fact your post ignores. You don't have to play a single scenario with a Mech to complete the campaign." 

The fact that any serious WWII wargame would even include scifi elements just baffles me!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

its already been discussed by Barthheart in another HoS area here - it is optional if you dont want to play it, not a deal breaker for me but apparentley its causing some upset and Marks not been very concialatory about it

Barthheart

Wow! Just Wow!

You would think that Mark had put in messages deriding everyone's mothers the way people are reacting to this stuff.

And the term 'Serious Wargame" just breaks me up.... it's friggin game! Lighten up Francis!  ;D

Just wait until people get to the optional branch in the Russian campaign... I expect that people will show up at Mark's house with torches and pitch forks......  :o

Why can't a "Serious Wargame" have some fun elements in it?




SgtRock

Quote from: Barthheart on March 08, 2014, 08:37:25 PM
Wow! Just Wow!

You would think that Mark had put in messages deriding everyone's mothers the way people are reacting to this stuff.

And the term 'Serious Wargame" just breaks me up.... it's friggin game! Lighten up Francis!  ;D

Just wait until people get to the optional branch in the Russian campaign... I expect that people will show up at Mark's house with torches and pitch forks......  :o

Why can't a "Serious Wargame" have some fun elements in it?


A John Tiller or Gary Grigsby game can't be fun because it doesn't have Zombies or Mechs, huh?  Some things just don't belong, like ketchup on hot dogs! :o

Where does it say your getting a game with Scifi elements?

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/349/details/Mark.H..Walker%27s.Lock.%27n.Load:.Heroes.of.Stalingrad

Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad- Based on the battles for Stalingrad in 1942, I did know they had Mechs in Stalingrad? 

I think a demo would have better, then producing campaign missions with mechs!






Arctic Blast

#204
Optional side missions made for fun?! We're serious wargamers! We accept no fun! We demand interfaces that look like a 15 year old version of Excel! We want logistics in our logistics and crowding out our logistics! We require mathematics to be run with our mechanical calculators to determine the odds of our flanking unit making it through a briar patch! And we'll absolutely throw a goddamn hissy fit the moment anyone ever DARES to give us something other than NATO counters!



I don't know if there is a collection of gamers more likely to do their best to suck the joy out of any experience like the fun murdering, toddler tantrum throwing, pouty, whiny babies that are about 90% of wargamers.



SgtRock

Can you even imagine the screaming if Battlefront added space lobsters to a CM game? ;D

mirth

When did anyone start mistaking LnL products as 'serious' wargames, with or without the sci-fi elements?  ;D
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

So I'm in a campaign and I'm having a hell of a time with one mission. But this time, I thought I'd cracked it. I had all objectives - all 7 on turn 6. On turn 7, a wounded Soviet hero enters one of the hexes and melee starts. I'm not killed and neither is he...the hex is now NOT mine!

I think that's wrong - obviously because it's aggrieved me, but mainly because I had it and he was unable to wrestle it from me.

I had troops to put in that particular turn, and I did, but being the last turn it meant no further melee was going to occur

Kind of reminded me of the old "last turn rush" bollocks we used to get (do we still?)

Anyway - feeling robbed and rather pissed off. I've played this scenario at least 6 times and lost all previous 5 and thought I had played this smart.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

i understand theyre fixing this