I Get To Start A Friday Thread, Yea Me!

Started by KyzBP, November 22, 2013, 05:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 22, 2013, 08:40:27 AM


RAF: Solitaire (hopefully)

Field Commander: Alexander



heh!  I've got those two tabletop games sitting out, staring at me.  RAF is actually set up, I just need to finish reading the last few pages of the Lion rules.

;D

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on November 22, 2013, 03:15:43 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 22, 2013, 02:29:36 PM
Really would like to try Phantom Leader on the iPad...most feedback says the AI is particularly nasty, although I found threads here where the feedback was positive despite that.

I have Hornet Leader (PC) and the box version of Thunderbolt/Apache Leader, so I'm definitely a fan of these games. I just don't know if people are saying it's nasty because the AI rolls are always awesome and player rolls are always terrible. I can't stand that; I really wanted to like Blood Bowl but it definitely has AI-roll issues.

Get it!

Phantom Leader on the iPad is great!. It's the campaigns that are unforgiving not the dice rolls.... you have to play really hard to win. This game is not a walk in the park. The political interfering that it simulates from this war is very frustrating. All makes for a very Vietnam immersive game.

Get it!

That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the recommend, I'll probably pick it up tonight.  ;D

SgtRock

They released a nice big patch for WITE this week, so I think I'll give it a workout.

Slick Wilhelm

I'm going to focus on Civil War II and Xenonauts. Although I'm sure some World of Tanks will get some use, too.

Also, I'm going to investigate purchasing IL-2, Cliffs of Dover because it seems that the fusion 4 mod makes it very playable.

KyzBP

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 22, 2013, 06:39:20 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on November 22, 2013, 05:32:40 AMI Get To Start A Friday Thread, Yea Me!

if you stopped by more than once every 6 weeks and at NCAA tournament time, you'd get to start all kinds of threads! ;)

I'm a lurker BB...and a very average Fantasy Football GM.

Ian C

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag. Finally got a smooth framerate on PC -

Tip: place graphics all on lowest and add 1 level of anti-Alias and keep the God Glow setting (or whatever it's called).

Arctic Blast

I'll play...something.  ;D At this point, I honestly don't know what games I'm going to dive into.

eyebiter

.
#52
.

JudgeDredd

You can finish Rage in a night...No need for a weekend...but it's a great game
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

sandman2575

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on November 22, 2013, 05:03:31 PM
Also, I'm going to investigate purchasing IL-2, Cliffs of Dover because it seems that the fusion 4 mod makes it very playable.


it does - there is a v.5 in the works, although not sure about the ETA -- but there is clearly a dedicated community devoted to keeping this game alive, so a purchase would not be a bad investment. 

MetalDog

Quote from: mikeck on November 22, 2013, 02:11:18 PM
It is getting hammered and I got slaughtered over at the wargamer when I tried to explain why I thought it was  a good game.

I didn't think there was enough people still there for more than a flesh wound ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Johnnie

I'm really into Christmas.  Put up the lights last weekend but my wife won't let me turn them on because it's too early.  I can't win.

smittyohio

Quote from: MetalDog on November 22, 2013, 08:49:35 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 22, 2013, 02:11:18 PM
It is getting hammered and I got slaughtered over at the wargamer when I tried to explain why I thought it was  a good game.

I didn't think there was enough people still there for more than a flesh wound ;)

Oh, it's the usual suspects... the ones that post *all* the time, and no game made after about 2000 is worth a damn in their eyes. 

PanzersEast

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on November 22, 2013, 05:03:31 PM
Also, I'm going to investigate purchasing IL-2, Cliffs of Dover because it seems that the fusion 4 mod makes it very playable.

No Dynamic Campaign killed it for me... I have not purchased because they left that out.


PE

Toonces

I'm in a mood to dungeon crawl.  Picking the right game, though, is key.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs